Motorcycle Starter Motor Common Malfunctions
Motorcycle Starter Motor Common malfunctions
Starter can be the battery power into mechanical energy, driving the engine flywheel rotation to achieve the engine start, we do a good job in maintenance work before the need for a certain understanding of common faults, the only way to prescribe the right medicine, first of all we come to understand the next motorcycle Common faults of starting motor:
1. When the start switch is turned on, the starter rotates at high speed and the engine crankshaft does not react. This phenomenon indicates that the fault occurred in the starting mechanism of the drive, which may be caused by transmission gear or one-way clutch wear.
2. The starter does not work normally and the drive gear does not turn. There are many reasons for this phenomenon, such as power line problems, starting switch contact plate ablation and engine resistance is too large and so on.
3. The starter power output is insufficient to drive the crankshaft. Excitation coil short circuit and battery loss can lead to starter power shortage.
4. Starter running sound harsh. This may be caused by a one-way clutch stuck or improper installation of the starter.
5. The starter switch has a "blah" sound, but does not work. Keeping the coil broken or the battery is seriously incapable will cause this phenomenon.
Start the engine maintenance recommendations: the starter in the process of starting the engine, from the battery into the 300 ~ 400Ah power, so in order to prevent the battery overcurrent or damage phenomenon, the starting time should not exceed 5s; winter prone to start difficult Of the phenomenon, many times the starting time of each start should not be too long, the start should also leave the appropriate interval.
The starter can convert the electric energy of the battery into mechanical energy and drive the engine flywheel to achieve the engine starting. In general, the starter uses three components to achieve the entire starting process. The DC motor introduces the current from the battery and causes the drive gear of the starter to mechanically move; the transmission mechanism engages the drive gear into the flywheel ring gear and is automatically disengaged after the engine is started; the on / off of the starter circuit is controlled by an electromagnetic switch To control. Among them, the motor is the main part of the starter internal machine, its working principle is that we in the junior high school physics in contact with Ampere's law-based energy conversion process, that is, the role of the conductive conductor in the magnetic field. The motor includes the necessary armature, commutator, pole, brush, bearing and housing.